Medical Record and Health Information Technician
Medical Records and Health Information Technician: in the Healthcare Industry is also known as a Medical Records Clerk, Health Information Clerk, Medical Records Technician, File Clerk, Medical Records Coordinator and Medical Records Analyst.
Brief Job Description: Medical Records and Health information Technician compile, process, and maintain medical records of hospital and clinic patients in a manner consistent with medical, administrative, ethical, legal, and regulatory requirements of the health care system. They process, maintain, compile, and report patient information for health requirements and standards in a manner consistent with the healthcare industry’s numerical coding system.
Personal Attributes: Medical records and health information technician should have the ability to understand and follow complex technical instructions, ability to pay close attention to detail, ability to effectively use computer applications, familiarity with the techniques of maintaining a filing system, accuracy, dependability, meticulous, communicative, a passion for helping people, experience in medical environment and terminology the correct specification to curb the chances of it getting lost.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review patient records for completeness
- Maintain the disease registries and clinical database
- Maintain medical record for statutory compliance
- Maintain medical record for statistical database
- Store medical records
- Maintain confidentiality of medical records
- Maintain medical records for medico legal cases
- Act within the limits of one’s competence and authority
- Maintain a safe, healthy and secure working environment
- Practice code of conduct while performing duties.
Duration: – 6-months Full time
We Work Hard To Prepare Every Student For Their Professional Life
The following businesses have hired our students:
The Placement and Apprenticeship Cell is in charge of providing an Industry-Institute interface and seeks to place suitable students based on their skills. We have nearly 100% apprenticeship for our eligible pupils.