Lift & Escalator Mechanic
- Undertake basic fitting operations and use various instruments/ gauges to check different parameters.
- Prepare electrical wire joints, carry out soldering, crimping and measure insulation resistance.
- Select and use AC/ DC measuring instruments, measure electrical parameters and verify characteristics of electrical/ magnetic circuits.
- Carry out Installation, testing and maintenance of batteries.
- Carry out wiring, assembling of electrical accessories and earthing of electrical equipment.
- Assemble simple electronic circuits and test for functioning.
- Undertake basic civil/ drafting work, draw plane figures used in lifts and escalator by applying drawing instruments with proper layout.
- Use lifting tools/ hoist equipment and perform simple welding & brazing.
- Carry out industrial wiring of control panels, assemble accessories and equipment as per BIS recommendations and IE rules.
- Install, connect, start, run, reverse and stop AC/ DC machines including synchronous motors and carry out maintenance along with protective and controlling devices.
- Assemble power electronic circuits and test for functioning including digital electronic components and circuits.
- Perform speed control of AC and DC motors by using solid state devices.
- Carry out safe operation of different types of lifts, escalators, moving walkways, belt conveyors and bucket conveyors.
- Carry out installation of elevators in industries, shopping malls, subway stations, airport and multi storied residential buildings.
- Carry out installation of escalators and moving walkways in industries, shopping malls, subway stations and airport.
- Install various electrical and electronic control devices, safety devices, control panels, limit switches and power wiring, etc. for control drives of lifts and escalators.
- Carry out preventive & breakdown maintenance of lifts, escalators and moving walkways with due care and safety.
- Carry out various checks, testing, tuning of components, examine safety devices and ensure proper functioning of lifts, escalators and moving walkways.
Duration: – 1-Year Full time
We Work Hard To Prepare Every Student For Their Professional Life
The following businesses have hired our students:
The Placement and Apprenticeship Cell is in charge of providing an Industry-Institute interface and seeks to place suitable students based on their skills. We have nearly 100% apprenticeship for our eligible pupils.