Dialysis Technician: also referred to as renal dialysis technician, haemodialysis technician, or nephrology technician.
Brief Job Description: Dialysis Technician operates machines and perform dialysis on patients with acute or chronic kidney failure. They work under the supervision of physicians, primarily in hospitals, clinics, dialysis centres/facilities, some nursing homes, assisted living facilities, and long-term care facilities. They are responsible for the operation, cleaning, and sterilisation of the dialysis machines. Dialysis Technicians give patients important medical, technical, social and emotional support and also provide vital information on patient conditions to doctors, and other medical staff.
Personal Attributes: This job requires the individual to work in collaboration with doctors and other healthcare providers. They must have good communication skills to accurately report and document findings/results of their patients. They should be sensitive to the needs of the patient and be able to establish a good rapport with them particularly related to cardio vascular system.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collect and assess the patient’s chart and vitals
- Manage dialysis machine set up and assemble the extracorporeal circuit
- Prepare and position the patient for treatment
- Connect patient to the dialysis machine
- Monitor technical/ clinical vitals during the treatment
- Unhook patient from the machine
- Record the treatment
- Conduct pre and post dialysis evaluation
- Maintain and disinfect the delivery system
- Evaluate and prepare the access site for cannulation
- Respond to dialysis related emergencies in patient Job Details Qualifications Pack For Dialysis Technician and equipment
- Reprocess dialysers
- Operate and maintain water treatment plant
- Act within the limits of your competence and authority
- Work effectively with others
- Maintain a safe, healthy and secure environment
- Follow biomedical waste disposal protocols
- Follow infection control policies and procedures
- Monitor and assure quality
Duration: – 1-year Full time
We Work Hard To Prepare Every Student For Their Professional Life
The following businesses have hired our students:
The Placement and Apprenticeship Cell is in charge of providing an Industry-Institute interface and seeks to place suitable students based on their skills. We have nearly 100% apprenticeship for our eligible pupils.