Radiology Technician: also referred to as Radiologic technologist, Radiological technologist.
Brief Job Description: Radiology Technicians perform diagnostic imaging examinations such as X-rays, CT and MRI scans under the guidance of a Radiologist. Radiology Technicians are responsible for preparing patients and operating equipment for the test/tests, besides keeping patient records, adjusting equipment’s based on patient need and test recommended and maintaining equipment.
Personal Attributes: Radiology Technicians must be able to interact with patient and their attendants and be a team players. They must also be polite and be able to calm and placate upset patients (and accompanying members). They should be able to work for long period of time in standing position and must be able direct, transfer, help patients reach the test location.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Follow radiological diagnostic needs of patients
- Prepare the patient and the room for the procedure
- Operate and oversee operation of radiologic equipment
- Process radiographic images
- Prepare and document reports as per Job Details
- Recognise contrast induced adverse reactions
- Collate and communicate health information
- Ensure availability of medical and diagnostic supplies
- Act within the limits of one’s competence and authority
- Maintain a safe, healthy, and secure working Environment
- Follow radiation safety guidelines
- Follow biomedical waste disposal protocols.
- Follow infection control policies and procedures.
- Monitor and assure quality.
Duration: – 1-year Full time
We Work Hard To Prepare Every Student For Their Professional Life
The following businesses have hired our students:
The Placement and Apprenticeship Cell is in charge of providing an Industry-Institute interface and seeks to place suitable students based on their skills. We have nearly 100% apprenticeship for our eligible pupils.