General Nursing & Midwifery Assistant
General Nursing & Midwifery Assistant is designed to provide quality care to the patients. The nursing profession has become the most integral part of the healthcare industry. Quality ‘nursing care leads to good patient output. Nursing professionals support both the patient and physician and play a key role in carrying out the physical examination, the physical assessment, specimen collection, and ‘measurement of patient vital signs.
The general nursing & midwifery assistant provides support to professionals working in the field of patient care. Helps in managing the front office, handling emergency services, maintaining hygiene, and also performing various other duties, which contribute to the better functioning of a hospital.
Brief Job Description: Individual on the job provides patient care and help maintain a suitable environment. Some of the key responsibilities of the Nursing Care Assistant are to provide patient’s daily care, patient’s comfort, patient’s safety and patient’s health needs.
Personal Attributes: This job requires the individual to work in collaboration with Doctors and Nurses and other healthcare providers and deliver the healthcare services as suggested by them. The individual should be result oriented. The individual should also be able to demonstrate basic patient care skills, communication skills and ethical behaviour. The individual should be willing to work in wards or clinics in shifts.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist nurse in bathing patient
- Assist nurse in grooming the patient
- Assist patient in dressing-up
- Support individuals to eat and drink
- Assist patient in maintaining normal elimination
- Transferring patient within the hospital
- Communicating appropriately with co-workers
- Prevent and control infection
- Assist nurse in performing procedures as instructed in the care plan
- Assist nurse in observing and reporting change in patient condition
- Assist nurse in measuring patient parameters accurately
- Respond to patient’s call
- Clean medical equipment under supervision of nurse
- Transport patient samples, drugs, patient documents and manage changing and transporting laundry/ linen on the floor
- Carry out last office (death care)
- Act within the limits of your competence and authority
- Work effectively with others
- Manage work to meet requirements
- Maintain a safe, healthy and secure environment
- Practice Code of conduct while performing duties
- Follow biomedical waste disposal protocols
Duration: – 1-year Full time
We Work Hard To Prepare Every Student For Their Professional Life
The following businesses have hired our students:
The Placement and Apprenticeship Cell is in charge of providing an Industry-Institute interface and seeks to place suitable students based on their skills. We have nearly 100% apprenticeship for our eligible pupils.