Description of Job roles:
The Fitters course entails the following job descriptions, which will qualify a person to skillfully work in any mechanical workshop. He is conversant in the subject of his trade with theoretical knowledge, has the ability for calculations related to workshop practice and can execute fabrication work from Blue Print reading of Engineering Drawings.
- After successful completion of this course the trainee shall be able to perform the following skills with proper sequence.
- The trainees can work in the industry as semi-skilled fitter.
- The trainee can work in the field of pipe fitting, lathe, drilling, welding, inspection & measurement, general fitting work observing safety precautions.
- The trainees can work on dismantle & assemble of various valves, test the accuracy of machine tools.
- Perform simple repair on machinery, dovetail slides and assemble with location dowel pins, stud and bolts.
- Prepare snap gauge for checking diameters to an accuracy of ± 0.02mm
- Handle different type of fire extinguishers
The student also gets to learn to do jobs coming from different companies with high degree of accuracy.